How to dress that Pear Shaped Bod!!
Pear Shaped Bodies
You are Pear Shaped if
- You have a slender neck.
- Your bust and shoulders are narrower than your hip-line.
- Your thighs and butt might be well rounded and usually full.
- You have a well defined waist but more weight below it.
As women with pear shaped bodies tend to store most of the weight on their hips and thighs, it is a good idea to emphasise dressing up the upper body to balance it out to a get a nice hour glass shape.
Yes Oh Yes !!
- Use accessories to bring more attention to the upper part of the body. Scarves, stoles or a statement necklaces will add a nice touch.
- A line Kurtas and dresses will work wonders for this shape.
- U or V necklines , boat neck, cowl neck and ruffles will draw attention to the top rather than the bottom.
- A good bra is always essential.
- Try ruched sleeves and cap sleeved dresses or tops.
- Better if the bottom part of the outfit is darker than the rest.
- The hems of kurtas or tunics should be wide to visually balance the pear shaped body.
- Flat front, wide leg or straight leg pants will make the legs longer.
- No baggy tunics
- No Bias cuts or Fish Cuts anything
- Avoid embroidery on the lower half of the Tunics or salwar , as you want to keep attention there to a minimum.
- Stay away from clothing that draws attention to the hips and thighs
- Avoid low rise pants
Lets work with what we have, to make a stylish statement!